On April 7th, 2014 Dr James Lunney Member of Parliament for Nanaimo-Alberni tabled Motion M501. It reads: That, in the opinion of the House, the government, in concert with provincial and territorial partners, should develop a National Strategy for Innovation, Effectiveness and Cost-effectiveness in Sustainable Health Care that: 1) Establishes regional centers for collaborative research and experimentation with innovative models that:(a) focus on effectiveness and cost-effectiveness, (b) are collaborative and interdisciplinary in character, (c) team up integrative medicine with allied professions, (d) utilize optimized information technology to document outcomes, (e) foster competition for better health care [more]
Ottawa- Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni is calling for ramped –up warnings to the public and to doctors following a report of the Drug Safety and Effectiveness Network (DSEN), a newly established agency under the auspices of the Canadian Institutes for Health Research. Lunney first raised concerns with Health Canada in October 2004, after published reports linking common stomach acid suppressing drugs known as Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) to Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) infections and deaths; common names of PPIs listed by Health Canada include Nexium, Losec, Prevacid, Pantoloc and [more]
Ottawa, On: Parksville’s Society of Organized Services was honoured for service to the community Thursday at a special ceremony in Toronto where it received the Prime Minister’s Volunteer Award. The award, in the Social Innovator category, was accepted by Board Chair, Cory McIntosh, with Executive Director, Renate Sutherland also in attendance. Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, was pleased to be in Toronto for the ceremony. “SOS has been meeting needs in the Oceanside Area for more than 45 years; it’s a hub of activity concentrating volunteer energies into community impact [more]
- Fair Elections Act addresses concerns April 10, 2014FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Fair Elections Act Bill C-23 Statement by James Lunney, MP. The Fair Elections Act addresses many concerns expressed by citizens and by the Chief Electoral Officer himself. Along with some 38 recommendations from the Chief Electoral Officer, … Continue reading →
- Lunney Commends Local Navy Ships in Joint Sting Operation April 10, 2014OTTAWA, On: Dr. James Lunney, Member of Parliament for Nanaimo-Alberni, questioned the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Defence, James Bezan, in the House this week about the participation of two Canadian Navy ships working in operations to thwart … Continue reading →
- Clostridium difficile Infections, Deaths, Drugs April 9, 2014FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, April 9, 2014 Clostridium difficile Infections, Deaths, Drugs Health Canada Warnings Insufficient, Contradictory Ottawa- Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni is calling for ramped –up warnings to the public and to doctors following a report of … Continue reading →
- Parksville SOS Scoops PM Volunteer Award March 4, 2014Ottawa, On: Parksville’s Society of Organized Services was honoured for service to the community Thursday at a special ceremony in Toronto where it received the Prime Minister’s Volunteer Award. The award, in the Social Innovator category, was accepted by Board … Continue reading →
- Lunney gives ‘Shout out’ to Island Search and Rescue Volunteers February 26, 2014OTTAWA, On: Today, in the House of Commons, Dr. James Lunney, MP from Nanaimo-Alberni, paid homage to local Search and Rescue Volunteers, and highlighted a new tax credit introduced in the recent Budget aimed at benefitting our volunteers. Lunney … Continue reading →
- Baird Denounces Cowardly Attacks at UN Camp in South Sudan April 18, 2014Canada condemns the killing of innocent civilians seeking refuge from violence at the United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan (UNMISS) base.
- Canada Announces Emergency Contribution to Fight Ebola Virus Outbreak April 18, 2014The Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, the Honourable John Baird, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Health, today announced a joint funding contribution of $1,285,000 to address the current outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus in West Africa.
- Canada and Egypt Highlight Commitment to Strengthened Cooperation April 18, 2014On April 17, 2014, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Arab Republic of Egypt Nabil Fahmy and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada John Baird held a warm and productive meeting in Cairo, Egypt.
- Statement by Minister Paradis on Canada's Commitment to Protect and Promote an Enabling Environment for Civil Society April 18, 2014Canada recognizes and supports the vital role that civil society plays in reaching development objectives. Civil society engages citizens in their countries' decision-making processes that affect them.
- Harper Government to Announce Investments in Community Infrastructure in Sidney April 17, 2014Today, the Honourable John Duncan Minister of State and Chief Government Whip, and Member of Parliament for Vancouver Island North, on behalf of the Honourable Michelle Rempel, Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification, announced over $141,000 in support of an infrastructure project at the Beacon Wharf in Sidney, BC, under the Harper Government
- Fair Elections Act addresses concerns April 10, 2014