So, we have just witnessed an unprecedented attack on the Parliament of Canada. Beginning with the murder of Canadian Reservist Nathan Cirillo on ceremonial guard duty at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a radicalized jihadist convert to Islam raced up the steps beneath the Peace Tower. While we generally do not discuss what happens in caucus, suffice to say the Prime Minister was addressing the Conservative caucus when the first shot, followed by a rapid succession of shots and shouting, rang out down the corridor beyond the hall. How ....[click here for full story]
OTTAWA, On: Further to information released on April 9 and April 30, today’s focus is on further concerns and promising solutions. The Drug Safety & Effectiveness Network (DSEN) report of 2012 confirms concerns about the strong association between common stomach medications and C. difficile infections (CDI). “If the regulator cannot or will not act in the public interest then it falls to policy makers to advance the public interest and adjust the mandate of the regulator.” Today, I wish to draw attention to research that further links these medications with increased risk ....[click here for full story]
OTTAWA, On: In 2005, I was assured by the Health Minister of the day that Health Canada was actively investigating C. difficile deaths in Canadian hospitals and the relation to stomach acid suppressant drugs called Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs). A study by the Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program (CNISP) would get to the bottom of it. It didn’t. The study presented in 2007 failed to collect data on the PPI issue. (Amazingly it purports to be the most extensive review on the subject in North America and useful as a ....[click here for full story]
- October 22nd Ottawa Under Attack October 31, 2014So, we have just witnessed an unprecedented attack on the Parliament of Canada. Beginning with the murder of Canadian Reservist Nathan Cirillo on ceremonial guard duty at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a radicalized jihadist convert to Islam raced … Continue reading →
- “Wait For Me Daddy”: Iconic Moment Cast in Bronze October 6, 2014FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Ottawa: Dr James Lunney, Member of Parliament for Nanaimo-Alberni, rose in the House to draw attention to the momentous event associated with unveiling of a “Wait for me Daddy” monument at Hyack Square in New Westminster … Continue reading →
- Lunney Speaks to ISIS threat, Commends Canadian Forces September 25, 2014Ottawa, ON: Today, Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, stood in the House of Commons to address the threat of ISIS and Canada’s role in containing the threat. In the House, Lunney said: “There has been a lot of rhetoric … Continue reading →
- Health Canada – C. difficile Further Concerns – Promising Solutions Regulatory Failure – Policy Action May 14, 2014OTTAWA, On: Further to information released on April 9 and April 30, today’s focus is on further concerns and promising solutions. The Drug Safety & Effectiveness Network (DSEN) report of 2012 confirms concerns about the strong association between common stomach … Continue reading →
- Press Release: Innovation, Effectiveness, Cost-effectiveness for Sustainable Health Care May 8, 2014FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE OTTAWA, On: Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, stood in the House of Commons today to comment on his Motion 501, a National Strategy to achieve sustainable healthcare. In the House he said: “Motion 501 is about … Continue reading →
- Canada Outraged by Indiscriminate Rocket Attacks on Mariupol January 24, 2015"Canada is outraged at today's indiscriminate rocket attacks against the city of Mariupol by the Russian-backed insurgents in eastern Ukraine, leaving dozens of innocent civilians dead.
- Minister Fast Promotes Canada as a Strong Trading Partner at World Economic Forum January 24, 2015The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, today concluded the second stop of his trade mission to Europe, at the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Bay of Islands STEPS Up Tourism Growth January 24, 2015A visionary group of volunteers, businesses and community leaders are taking innovative steps to promote the tourism potential of the Bay of Islands area along the Eastern Shore of Nova Scotia-one of Nova Scotia's best kept secrets.
- Fresh Upgrades for Wolfville Farmers' Market January 24, 2015The Wolfville Farmers' Market is a place where community members, food producers and artisans come together to buy, sell and celebrate local products.
- Canada continues to be committed to funding poverty reduction January 24, 2015The Canadian Press (CP) article does not present an accurate picture of the Government of Canada's commitment to poverty reduction as it relies on inaccurate financial information published by the Parliamentary Budget Officer (PBO).
- October 22nd Ottawa Under Attack October 31, 2014