So, we have just witnessed an unprecedented attack on the Parliament of Canada. Beginning with the murder of Canadian Reservist Nathan Cirillo on ceremonial guard duty at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a radicalized jihadist convert to Islam raced up the steps beneath the Peace Tower. While we generally do not discuss what happens in caucus, suffice to say the Prime Minister was addressing the Conservative caucus when the first shot, followed by a rapid succession of shots and shouting, rang out down the corridor beyond the hall. How ....[click here for full story]
OTTAWA, On: Further to information released on April 9 and April 30, today’s focus is on further concerns and promising solutions. The Drug Safety & Effectiveness Network (DSEN) report of 2012 confirms concerns about the strong association between common stomach medications and C. difficile infections (CDI). “If the regulator cannot or will not act in the public interest then it falls to policy makers to advance the public interest and adjust the mandate of the regulator.” Today, I wish to draw attention to research that further links these medications with increased risk ....[click here for full story]
OTTAWA, On: In 2005, I was assured by the Health Minister of the day that Health Canada was actively investigating C. difficile deaths in Canadian hospitals and the relation to stomach acid suppressant drugs called Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs). A study by the Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program (CNISP) would get to the bottom of it. It didn’t. The study presented in 2007 failed to collect data on the PPI issue. (Amazingly it purports to be the most extensive review on the subject in North America and useful as a ....[click here for full story]
- October 22nd Ottawa Under Attack October 31, 2014So, we have just witnessed an unprecedented attack on the Parliament of Canada. Beginning with the murder of Canadian Reservist Nathan Cirillo on ceremonial guard duty at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a radicalized jihadist convert to Islam raced … Continue reading →
- “Wait For Me Daddy”: Iconic Moment Cast in Bronze October 6, 2014FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Ottawa: Dr James Lunney, Member of Parliament for Nanaimo-Alberni, rose in the House to draw attention to the momentous event associated with unveiling of a “Wait for me Daddy” monument at Hyack Square in New Westminster … Continue reading →
- Lunney Speaks to ISIS threat, Commends Canadian Forces September 25, 2014Ottawa, ON: Today, Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, stood in the House of Commons to address the threat of ISIS and Canada’s role in containing the threat. In the House, Lunney said: “There has been a lot of rhetoric … Continue reading →
- Health Canada – C. difficile Further Concerns – Promising Solutions Regulatory Failure – Policy Action May 14, 2014OTTAWA, On: Further to information released on April 9 and April 30, today’s focus is on further concerns and promising solutions. The Drug Safety & Effectiveness Network (DSEN) report of 2012 confirms concerns about the strong association between common stomach … Continue reading →
- Press Release: Innovation, Effectiveness, Cost-effectiveness for Sustainable Health Care May 8, 2014FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE OTTAWA, On: Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, stood in the House of Commons today to comment on his Motion 501, a National Strategy to achieve sustainable healthcare. In the House he said: “Motion 501 is about … Continue reading →
- Minister Uppal marks the 70th anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau January 27, 2015Tim Uppal, Minister of State for Multiculturalism, today joined other international dignitaries to pay tribute to victims of the Holocaust and Nazi genocide on the 70th anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration and extermination camp.
- Minister Kenney issues statement on the 70th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau on International Holocaust Remembrance Day January 27, 2015The Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister for Multiculturalism, issued the following statement to mark the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, the German Nazi Concentration and Extermination camp (1940-1945), and the 10th annual International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust
- Canada Post celebrates hope, courage and freedom with new Nelson Mandela stamp January 27, 2015Today, Canada Post is unveiling a new stamp to commemorate the heroic life of Nelson Mandela, and celebrate the legacy of courage, determination and persistent hope he left behind....
- Canada and Ontario complete improvements to Windsor-Detroit Tunnel Canadian Plaza January 27, 2015The Governments of Canada and Ontario today announced the completion of improvements to the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel Canadian Plaza.
- LET'S GET WINDSOR-ESSEX MOVING STRATEGY January 27, 2015Upgrades to the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel Canadian Plaza were jointly funded by the Governments of Canada and Ontario under the Let's Get Windsor-Essex Moving (LGWEM) strategy, a $300-million commitment by the two governments to improve efficiency and reduce congestion on the Ontario approaches to the Windsor-Detroit border crossings.
- October 22nd Ottawa Under Attack October 31, 2014