So, we have just witnessed an unprecedented attack on the Parliament of Canada. Beginning with the murder of Canadian Reservist Nathan Cirillo on ceremonial guard duty at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a radicalized jihadist convert to Islam raced up the steps beneath the Peace Tower. While we generally do not discuss what happens in caucus, suffice to say the Prime Minister was addressing the Conservative caucus when the first shot, followed by a rapid succession of shots and shouting, rang out down the corridor beyond the hall. How ....[click here for full story]
OTTAWA, On: Further to information released on April 9 and April 30, today’s focus is on further concerns and promising solutions. The Drug Safety & Effectiveness Network (DSEN) report of 2012 confirms concerns about the strong association between common stomach medications and C. difficile infections (CDI). “If the regulator cannot or will not act in the public interest then it falls to policy makers to advance the public interest and adjust the mandate of the regulator.” Today, I wish to draw attention to research that further links these medications with increased risk ....[click here for full story]
OTTAWA, On: In 2005, I was assured by the Health Minister of the day that Health Canada was actively investigating C. difficile deaths in Canadian hospitals and the relation to stomach acid suppressant drugs called Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs). A study by the Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program (CNISP) would get to the bottom of it. It didn’t. The study presented in 2007 failed to collect data on the PPI issue. (Amazingly it purports to be the most extensive review on the subject in North America and useful as a ....[click here for full story]
- Supreme Court: Assisted Suicide Decision February 6, 2015OTTAWA, On Feb 6, 2015 Statement Supreme Court: Assisted Suicide Decision This is an emotional and divisive issue. In 1993 the Supreme Court up-held the criminal code prohibition on euthanasia and assisted suicide. Furthermore, in 2010 the people’s elected representatives … Continue reading →
- October 22nd Ottawa Under Attack October 31, 2014So, we have just witnessed an unprecedented attack on the Parliament of Canada. Beginning with the murder of Canadian Reservist Nathan Cirillo on ceremonial guard duty at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a radicalized jihadist convert to Islam raced … Continue reading →
- “Wait For Me Daddy”: Iconic Moment Cast in Bronze October 6, 2014FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Ottawa: Dr James Lunney, Member of Parliament for Nanaimo-Alberni, rose in the House to draw attention to the momentous event associated with unveiling of a “Wait for me Daddy” monument at Hyack Square in New Westminster … Continue reading →
- Lunney Speaks to ISIS threat, Commends Canadian Forces September 25, 2014Ottawa, ON: Today, Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, stood in the House of Commons to address the threat of ISIS and Canada’s role in containing the threat. In the House, Lunney said: “There has been a lot of rhetoric … Continue reading →
- Health Canada – C. difficile Further Concerns – Promising Solutions Regulatory Failure – Policy Action May 14, 2014OTTAWA, On: Further to information released on April 9 and April 30, today’s focus is on further concerns and promising solutions. The Drug Safety & Effectiveness Network (DSEN) report of 2012 confirms concerns about the strong association between common stomach … Continue reading →
- Statement by Minister Glover on the 2015 Indspire Awards February 28, 2015Minister Glover on the 2015 Indspire Awards
- Minister Jason Kenney visits the Royal Canadian Navy February 28, 2015OTTAWA - Defence Minister Jason Kenney visited with the Royal Canadian Navy's (RCN) Pacific Fleet in Esquimalt, B.C., today in his first official visit with the RCN since his appointment.
- Harper Government Congratulates Indspire Awards Recipients at 22nd Annual Gala February 28, 2015Mark Strahl, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development, today offered congratulations to the recipients of the 2015 Indspire Awards while attending the annual gala being held in their honour.
- Minister Rickford and Minister Gravelle to Announce Investment Supporting Economic Opportunities for Northwestern Ontario February 27, 2015The Honourable Greg Rickford, Canada's Minister of Natural Resources and Minister for the Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario (FedNor), and the Honourable Michael Gravelle, Ontario's Minister of Northern Development and Mines, will make an announcement at the Prospectors and Developers of Canada (PDAC) convention in Toronto on Sunday, March 1, 2015. Ministers Rickford […]
- Harper Government to Announce Support for Innovation in Treatment of Disease February 27, 2015On Monday, March 2, 2015, the Honourable Michelle Rempel, Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification, will make an announcement to benefit the development of new approaches to immunotherapy treatments.
- Supreme Court: Assisted Suicide Decision February 6, 2015