There is a concerted effort by various interests in Canada to undermine Freedom of Religion in Canada.Our government has established an Office of religious Freedom under the auspices of the department of foreign affairs with an excellent ambassador in Andrew Bennett at the helm. I have personally made the case for Freedom of Religion where developing democracies like the idea but struggle to implement the reality: it’s something I hope to contribute to in the next phase of my life through the newly formed International Panel of Parliamentarians for Freedom of Religion and Belief, founded in part through the efforts of the member for Cypress Hills -Grasslands. More here
OTTAWA, On: Further to information released on April 9 and April 30, today’s focus is on further concerns and promising solutions. The Drug Safety & Effectiveness Network (DSEN) report of 2012 confirms concerns about the strong association between common stomach medications and C. difficile infections (CDI). “If the regulator cannot or will not act in the public interest then it falls to policy makers to advance the public interest and adjust the mandate of the regulator.” Today, I wish to draw attention to research that further links these medications with increased risk ....[click here for full story]
OTTAWA, On: In 2005, I was assured by the Health Minister of the day that Health Canada was actively investigating C. difficile deaths in Canadian hospitals and the relation to stomach acid suppressant drugs called Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs). A study by the Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program (CNISP) would get to the bottom of it. It didn’t. The study presented in 2007 failed to collect data on the PPI issue. (Amazingly it purports to be the most extensive review on the subject in North America and useful as a ....[click here for full story]
Ottawa- Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni is calling for ramped –up warnings to the public and to doctors following a report of the Drug Safety and Effectiveness Network (DSEN), a newly established agency under the auspices of the Canadian Institutes for Health Research. Lunney first raised concerns with Health Canada in October 2004, after published reports linking common stomach acid suppressing drugs known as Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) to Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) infections and deaths; common names of PPIs listed by Health Canada include Nexium, Losec, Prevacid, Pantoloc and ....[click here for full story]
- Lunney Motion on Sustainable Healthcare Debated in House of Commons May 19, 2015OTTAWA, On: Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, stood in the House today to debate a National Strategy for Innovation, Effectiveness and Cost-effectiveness in Sustainable Health Care. Lunney stated “Accelerating health care costs threaten not only the sustainability of our … Continue reading →
- Balanced Budget: Creates Growth and Opportunity; Big Win for BC April 21, 2015OTTAWA, On: Today’s budget strikes an important balance between targeted measures to sustain economic growth and opportunity while addressing important needs across the country; BC wins big. Of particular importance to Vancouver Island are the $2m to support the Pacific … Continue reading →
- Militant Atheists, Evolutionism, the Campaign against a Christian World-View April 9, 2015Who is funding the campaign to discredit and diminish a Christian world-view in Canada? Ian Capstick former NDP strategist and communication director, describes himself as a militant atheist. He stated on national TV he had “to take James Lunney down”! … Continue reading →
- NDP Shuts Down MP Privilege April 2, 2015OTTAWA: When I made a decision to sit as an independent, I made it clear that I would seek to address the House of Commons to defend my beliefs that had been savaged. Yesterday, I rose on a Point of … Continue reading →
- Evolution Controversy April 1, 2015I know what I believe. There is a concerted effort by various interests in Canada to undermine Freedom of Religion in Canada. Our government has established an Office of religious Freedom under the auspices of the department of foreign affairs … Continue reading →
- Science Minister Duncan to Participate in Canadian Science Policy Conference November 25, 2015Event date: November 26, 2015-The Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science, will deliver a keynote address to the Canadian Science Policy Conference.
- REMARKS BY THE HONORABLE MARC GARNEAU, MINISTER OF TRANSPORT AT THE WORLD AVIATION FORUM 2015 OPENING SESSION November 25, 2015Thank you for asking me to join you today.
- The Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities to the Canadian Urban Transit Association Fall Conference and Trans-Expo 2015 November 25, 2015Bonjour. Good morning. Thank you for that kind introduction, and thank you for inviting me to speak with you today.
- Minister Dion offers condolences on passing of former South Korean president Kim Young-sam November 24, 2015Minister Dion offers condolences on passing of former South Korean president Kim Young-sam
- Grey Cup Meet and Greet at Deer Lodge Centre November 24, 2015The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, will join Canadian Football League (CFL) Commissioner Jeffrey Orridge, CFL Alumni and staff and residents of the Deer Lodge Centre in Winnipeg where many Canadian Veterans reside, for a special meet and greet.
- Lunney Motion on Sustainable Healthcare Debated in House of Commons May 19, 2015