OTTAWA, On: Proclaiming a day to raise awareness of the benefits of optimal levels of Vitamin D is an initiative which received support from more than 20 municipalities across Canada. Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, says Bill C-388 will establish a permanent National Vitamin D Day and continue to raise awareness to the importance of Vitamin D while encouraging more individuals and communities to embrace this low cost, personal health promotion, disease prevention initiative. The Bill that designates Nov. 2 as National Vitamin D Day is currently making its way through [more]
OTTAWA, On: Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, welcomes the new federal budget - Economic Action Plan 2013 – and its continued focus on job creation, economic growth, and long-term prosperity as good news for British Columbia. The Plan, which will see Canada return to balanced budgets in 2015, keeps federal taxes at their lowest level in 50 years. “While Canada has the best job creation record among all G-7 countries since the worst of the global recession with over 950,000 net new jobs, we recognize that the global economy remains [more]
Errington, B.C. Today, Dr. James Lunney, Member of Parliament for Nanaimo-Alberni, on behalf of the Honourable Lynne Yelich, Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification, announced support for upgrades to the Errington War Memorial Hall under the federal government’s Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund (CIIF). “Our government is pleased to support upgrades to the Errington War Memorial Hall,” said Dr. Lunney. “The Hall is a focal point of community activity; the upgrades will be a huge benefit to persons with accessibility issues and ensure that the Hall will serve our community [more]
- Iran: Today’s Nuclear Threat November 21, 2013FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, November 20, 2013 Iran: Today’s Nuclear Threat Ottawa, On: Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni made the following statement today in the House of Commons concerning the modern day threat facing Israel and the international community: … Continue reading →
- Vitamin D: Are you getting yours? November 2, 2013OTTAWA, On: Proclaiming a day to raise awareness of the benefits of optimal levels of Vitamin D is an initiative which received support from more than 20 municipalities across Canada. Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, says Bill C-388 will … Continue reading →
- Vitamin D: Are you getting yours? November 1, 2013FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Thursday Oct 31, 2013 Vitamin D: Are you getting yours? OTTAWA, On: Proclaiming a day to raise awareness of the benefits of optimal levels of Vitamin D is an initiative which received support from more than 20 … Continue reading →
- McLean Mill October 25, 2013FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Member of Parliament James Lunney announces funding for six local recreational fisheries projects PORT ALBERNI – On behalf of the Honourable Gail Shea, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, James Lunney, Member of Parliament for Nanaimo-Alberni, announced a … Continue reading →
- Lunney will not seek re-election in 2015 October 11, 2013NANAIMO - The final decision of the BC Boundary Commission has set in motion a series of events that must happen prior to the next federal election. There will be 30 new seats in the next Parliament, including six in … Continue reading →
- Minister Fast to Participate in TPP Ministerial Meeting December 7, 2013The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, will travel to Singapore to meet with trade ministers from the countries of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). The TPP ministerial meeting will be held from December 7 to 10, 2013.
- Canada Welcomes Progress at WTO December 7, 2013The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, today concluded his participation at the World Trade Organization's Ninth Ministerial Conference in Bali, Indonesia, by welcoming progress that will re-establish the WTO as an organization that advances trade liberalization around the world.
- Minister Shea Highlights Benefits of Canada-European Union Trade Agreement to Newfoundland and Labrador December 6, 2013The Honourable Gail Shea, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, was in St. John's today to highlight the tremendous benefits the Canada-European trade agreement will bring to workers, businesses and investors throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. Minister Shea met with Keith Hutchings, Newfoundland and Labrador's Minister of Fisheries and Aquaculture, […]
- Harper Government promotes Toy Safety during the holiday season - Safe play and injury prevention should be a priority when holiday shopping December 6, 2013On behalf of the Minister of Health, Rona Ambrose, Parliamentary Secretary, Eve Adams, Member of Parliament for Mississauga - Brampton South, Ontario today reminded Canadians to choose wisely this holiday season when shopping for toys for children and to keep injury prevention top of mind.
- Harper Government Introduces New Law to Protect Patients - Delivers on 2013 Throne Speech Commitments on Mandatory Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting, Recalls and Accurate Labels December 6, 2013The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Health, joined by MP Terence Young, today announced from the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) that the government is introducing new patient safety legislation, known as the Protecting Canadians from Unsafe Drugs Act (Vanessa's Law) as pledged in the 2013 Speech from the Throne.
- Iran: Today’s Nuclear Threat November 21, 2013