On April 7th, 2014 Dr James Lunney Member of Parliament for Nanaimo-Alberni tabled Motion M501. It reads: That, in the opinion of the House, the government, in concert with provincial and territorial partners, should develop a National Strategy for Innovation, Effectiveness and Cost-effectiveness in Sustainable Health Care that: 1) Establishes regional centers for collaborative research and experimentation with innovative models that:(a) focus on effectiveness and cost-effectiveness, (b) are collaborative and interdisciplinary in character, (c) team up integrative medicine with allied professions, (d) utilize optimized information technology to document outcomes, (e) foster competition for better health care [more]
Ottawa- Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni is calling for ramped –up warnings to the public and to doctors following a report of the Drug Safety and Effectiveness Network (DSEN), a newly established agency under the auspices of the Canadian Institutes for Health Research. Lunney first raised concerns with Health Canada in October 2004, after published reports linking common stomach acid suppressing drugs known as Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) to Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) infections and deaths; common names of PPIs listed by Health Canada include Nexium, Losec, Prevacid, Pantoloc and [more]
Ottawa, On: Parksville’s Society of Organized Services was honoured for service to the community Thursday at a special ceremony in Toronto where it received the Prime Minister’s Volunteer Award. The award, in the Social Innovator category, was accepted by Board Chair, Cory McIntosh, with Executive Director, Renate Sutherland also in attendance. Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, was pleased to be in Toronto for the ceremony. “SOS has been meeting needs in the Oceanside Area for more than 45 years; it’s a hub of activity concentrating volunteer energies into community impact [more]
- Fair Elections Act addresses concerns April 10, 2014FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Fair Elections Act Bill C-23 Statement by James Lunney, MP. The Fair Elections Act addresses many concerns expressed by citizens and by the Chief Electoral Officer himself. Along with some 38 recommendations from the Chief Electoral Officer, … Continue reading →
- Lunney Commends Local Navy Ships in Joint Sting Operation April 10, 2014OTTAWA, On: Dr. James Lunney, Member of Parliament for Nanaimo-Alberni, questioned the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Defence, James Bezan, in the House this week about the participation of two Canadian Navy ships working in operations to thwart … Continue reading →
- Parksville SOS Scoops PM Volunteer Award March 4, 2014Ottawa, On: Parksville’s Society of Organized Services was honoured for service to the community Thursday at a special ceremony in Toronto where it received the Prime Minister’s Volunteer Award. The award, in the Social Innovator category, was accepted by Board … Continue reading →
- Lunney gives ‘Shout out’ to Island Search and Rescue Volunteers February 26, 2014OTTAWA, On: Today, in the House of Commons, Dr. James Lunney, MP from Nanaimo-Alberni, paid homage to local Search and Rescue Volunteers, and highlighted a new tax credit introduced in the recent Budget aimed at benefitting our volunteers. Lunney … Continue reading →
- Budget 2014 Closes the Loop: Lunney February 12, 2014FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, February 12, 2014 Budget 2014 Closes the Loop: Lunney Ottawa, On: Speaking after delivery of the Budget, Dr. James Lunney, MP for Nanaimo-Alberni, said: “ Budget 2014 closes the loop between the deficit years created by … Continue reading →
- Minister Jason Kenney will make an important announcement to help Alberta residents get jobs. April 23, 2014Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development, and the Honourable Manmeet Bhullar, Alberta Minister of Human Services, will make an important announcement that will help Alberta residents get jobs.
- Harper Government Invests to Strengthen Beef Industry's Reputation as a World-Class Producer April 23, 2014Mr. Robert Sopuck, Member of Parliament for Dauphin-Swan River-Marquette, on behalf of Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz, today announced an investment of $297,000 to the Manitoba Beef Producers to improve the tools available for monitoring bovine tuberculosis in livestock in the Riding Mountain Eradication Area of Manitoba.
- Preparing for the launch of "Express Entry" April 23, 2014Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today announced new measures in key economic immigration programs to prepare for next year's launch of Express Entry, Canada's new active recruitment model. Express Entry will lead to a faster and more flexible economic immigration system that will address Canada's economic and
- New caps for Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trades Programs, and Canadian Experience Class April 23, 2014On April 26, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will issue a new set of Ministerial Instructions to immigration officers regarding the processing of applications to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
- Harper Government helps Canadians with disabilities in Richmond gain job skills April 23, 2014The Government of Canada is helping Canadians with disabilities develop the skills and experience they need to find jobs, today announced the Honourable Alice Wong, Minister of State (Seniors), on behalf of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development.
- Fair Elections Act addresses concerns April 10, 2014